This policy will cover your owned musical equipment, recording and editing equipment.
About Musical Equipment Policies
- Annual policy coverage
- Select your own limit of insurance
- Worldwide coverage applies while equipment is in use, storage or transit
- Additional coverage options are available:
- Water Use Coverage
- Theft from an Unlocked Vehicle
- Rental Reimbursement
What the Policy Covers
- Musical Instruments, Recording and Editing Equipment, and similar equipment involved in music production.
Covered Causes of Loss or Damage
- Theft, Fire, Earthquake, Flood, Acts of Terrorism, Smoke, Water Damage, Falling Objects, Equipment in Transit, Lightning, Explosion, Windstorm, Hail, Accidental Damages (scratches, dropping, etc.), and more
Exclusions to Note
- Acts or decisions, Consequential Loss, Dampness, Dryness, or Extremes of Temperature, Dishonesty, False Pretense (voluntary parting), Governmental Action, Hidden or Latent Defect, Mechanical Breakdown, Insects, Vermin, Negligent Work, Nuclear Hazard, Pollutants, Rust, Oxidation, Corrosion or Discoloration, Unauthorized Transfer, War or Military Action, Wear and Tear.
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle is excluded, unless 'Theft From Unlocked Vehicle' coverage is added
- Coverage for equipment while afloat, submerged or underwater is excluded, unless 'Water Use' coverage is added
- There is a max per claim limit of $25,000 while in Mexico unless you are approved for a limit increase
Standard Domestic Deductibles are available ($250, $500, $1,000, $2,500 & $5,000). Select your desired deductible while applying.
Both International Deductibles and Theft from any Vehicle Deductibles are determined by the policyholder. They range from $1,000 to $5,000.
- Equipment valued above $2,000 must be scheduled onto the policy. Each item must be listed with make, model, serial number and replacement cost
- All items valued below that can be grouped together and added into the Unscheduled (blanket) limit which does not require individual information for each item
- If you acquire a new piece of equipment valued above $2,000, you have up to 90 days to enter that item onto your policy schedule or no coverage will apply.
- Worldwide coverage applies in countries not currently being sanctioned by the US OFAC. (Find a list periodically updated here: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx)
- Equipment must originate within the United States and be brought abroad for coverage to apply
- Unfortunately we cannot insure individuals living outside of the United States for a majority of the calendar year
Payment and Price
- Annual policies start at $340. You can view a quote immediately after completing your application with no requirement to commit to a policy.
- Complete payment using your major US credit card. No payment plans are offered.
Claims and Valuation
- Submit a claim at any time from your online dashboard at InsureMyEquipment.com.
- In the event of a covered claim, the insurance carrier will either pay the replacement cost value of the lost or damaged musical equipment; Or, pay the cost to repairing the lost or damaged musical equipment. There is an Actual Cost valuation available as well.