The 'Rented Equipment' policy is designed to cover production equipment rented from a third party such as a rental house or individual owner.
Rented Equipment Coverage Information
- Select a policy term as short as one day or as long as one year
- Design your personal policy with customized limits, deductibles and coverage options
- Generate certificates of insurance from your dashboard 24/7
- Worldwide coverage applies while equipment is in use, storage or transit
What the Policy Covers
- Cameras, camera equipment, sound, lighting and grip equipment, communications equipment, portable electric equipment, editing and projection equipment, office personal property & generators
Covered Causes of Loss
- Theft, Fire, Earthquake, Flood, Acts of Terrorism, Smoke, Water Damage, Falling Objects, Equipment in Transit, Lightning, Explosion, Windstorm, Hail, Accidental Damages (scratches, dropping, etc.),
Exclusions to Note
- Acts or decisions, Consequential Loss, Dampness, Dryness, or Extremes of Temperature, Dishonesty, False Pretense (voluntary parting), Governmental Action, Hidden or Latent Defect, Mechanical Breakdown, Insects, Vermin, Negligent Work, Nuclear Hazard, Pollutants, Rust, Oxidation, Corrosion or Discoloration, Unauthorized Transfer, War or Military Action, Wear and Tear.
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle is excluded, unless you add this coverage while applying for a policy.
- Coverage for equipment while afloat, submerged or underwater is excluded, unless you add this coverage while applying for a policy.
- There is a max per claim limit of $25,000 while in Mexico unless you increase this limit while applying for a policy.
- Drones are not covered while they are in operation; they re only covered while in transit or storage.
- The Standard Domestic Deductible is determined by the policy limit. It ranges from $500 to $2,500.
- The International and Theft from a Vehicle Deductible is determined by the policyholder. It ranges from $1,000 to $5,000
- Worldwide coverage applies in countries not currently being sanctioned by the US OFAC. Find a list periodically updated here: https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/Programs.aspx
- Equipment must originate within the United States and be brought abroad for coverage to apply
- Unfortunately we cannot insure individuals living outside of the United States for a majority of the calendar year
Payments and Price
- Short-term policies start as low at $270
- Annual policies start at $470.
- You can view a quote immediately after completing your application with no requirement to commit to a policy.
- Complete payment using your major US credit card.
- No payment plans are offered.
What to Schedule
- Rented equipment valued above $150,000 must be scheduled onto your policy. This means that you must individually list each of those items including the make, model, serial number and replacement cost.
- All other items can be covered without scheduling.
Claims and Valuation
- Equipment is valued based on replacement cost at the time of the claim.
- Submit a claim at any time from your online dashboard at InsureMyEquipment.com.
- In the event of a covered claim, the insurance carrier will either pay the replacement cost value of the lost or damaged equipment; Or, pay the cost to repairing the lost or damaged equipment.